A simple blend for all potted plants including transplants:
- A bag of soilless potting mix 2 cu. ft.
- Benefits: Reduces soil diseases, balances moisture with good drainage, allows for proper exchange of nutrients
- Milled Sphagnum peat moss: anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties
- Perlite : drainage
- Rotted pine bark: allows for drainage
- 1/2 cu. ft. weed-free compost: Balanced nutrients
- Horse manure, composted
- Cow manure, composted
- Poultry manure, composted
- Mushroom compost
- Mixture of dry grasses and straw composted
- My “secret weapon” Kelp meal: cold water, dried and ground seaweed, offering 60 known beneficial nutrients.Plants respond and withstand stress, heat, cold, insect pressure, disease and drought conditions.
- Mix thoroughly and wet until the mixture makes a loose ball in your hand.
- I use a wheel barrow and tarp to mix my soil blend.
- Store in the bags used to make the soil mix or use a covered container of your choice.
Enjoy this mix for all your potting needs. I do.